× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access web management of GS110MX switch

GaT0pela0
Aspirant

Can't access web management of GS110MX switch

Hello, I bought a GS110MX switch and I can't access it or even find it using Switch Discovery Tool, the default address doesn't show or connect to it; I tried through my router settings page (Asus RT-AX88U) and it shows the IP addresses of 2 anonymous devices, but can't access them either by entering their IP. It shows the MAC address of both of them, but I can't tell which one is the switch. I have another switch online to test and it doesn't show as identified either on the connected devices on the router page. How can I access the GS110MX to manage it and update it if needed? 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access web management of GS110MX switch

@GaT0pela0

The GS110MX since it is Unmanaged does not have any Firmware available, Therefore not upgradeable. If in unfortunate circumstances the switch has gone bad (Bad ports, No power) it has a Limited Lifetime Warranty available. So you can process or request a replacement. For more information please see the Product Data Sheet.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GaT0pela0

Welcome to the Community!

The GS110MX is an Unmanaged switch, Unmanaged switches doen't have any management GUI and IP address. The IPs you might be seeing on your router can be other devices connected on the router or on the switch.

The GS110TPv2 is a smart switch, this one has web management GUI and will obtain an IP address when connected to a router. I would suggest getting the GS110MX replaced by this model if you just bought it from an authorized reseller.

HTH

Message 2 of 4
GaT0pela0
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. How can I update to the latest firmware with an unmanaged switch like this one or know when something goes wrong, i.e. defective port, etc?

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@GaT0pela0

The GS110MX since it is Unmanaged does not have any Firmware available, Therefore not upgradeable. If in unfortunate circumstances the switch has gone bad (Bad ports, No power) it has a Limited Lifetime Warranty available. So you can process or request a replacement. For more information please see the Product Data Sheet.

HTH

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements