× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't reach netgear support

saidogoid
Tutor

Can't reach netgear support

Hi all,

I was upgrading my firmware, and after the reboot the switch just hangged with orangle light and does nothing.
After some research, saw that the best option is to call a RMA. Tried to do that, registered everything, but afterwards, I just received a email with a number to call, but that number is not working for me. Am I missing something here?

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 8
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@saidogoid,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. May I know if you open a ticket on this link:  https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx? A case number will be given to you once you created a ticket.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
saidogoid
Tutor

Hi, 

Thanks for you answear. Yes, I did. I even received a email to call Support. Problem is that number don't work for me, and after 48h the ticket get closed automatically.

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Not sure, the dial-in numbers could vary, depending on the location. Last option, it could be a call routing issue by Netgear's service provider.

Country you are calling from?

International prefix correct for your phone provider and location?

This issue requires more detailed investigation - it's not the first similar report these days.

Message 4 of 8
saidogoid
Tutor

Hey

So I,m on PT (We use +351) . Problem is, even if I put this indicator on the beggining of the number, it doen't work. So, I don't really know if the number have another preffix to use.

Message 5 of 8
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@saidogoid,

Please send us a private message with your contact information along with your case number so we can forward your concern to our support team for further review. .

Case number:

Name:

Email Address:

Contact Number:

Model Number:

Timezone:

Preferred time of callback:

We look forward to receiving your private message

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
saidogoid
Tutor

Just giving some updates here:

After the last message, I gived my details and netgear called me and we solved the first time of the process. They diagnose, and asked me to sent back my faulty unit, and as soon they receive my unit, they will send a new one (same but v3) to replace it. Now waiting for the faulty reach theis facilities, so the process go on. Thank you very much for all your messages, Will update this topic as soon I have more news.

Message 7 of 8
saidogoid
Tutor

Update:

Everything was solved now. After I received the router, I have a ton to do, that's why it's been a while. So far, everything works great, it took 1 week until I received my new unit. Good work Netgear! You really keep your promisse with lifetime warranty.

Thanks all for your help

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements