× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does the GS324 support 802.3ad dynamic?

DasMainframe
Initiate

Does the GS324 support 802.3ad dynamic?

I'm looking to buy a R8500 Nighthawk and a GS324 24-port switch for my home network. However, I have found no information to indicate whether or not the GS324 supports the dual AD ports on the R8500 router. This would really cinch the purchase for me, otherwise I'm on the fence.

Does anyone know if the switch supports it? If not, what switch would you recommend to get that extra bandwidth?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Does the GS324 support 802.3ad dynamic?

Hello DasMainframe, 

Welcome to the community! 

The GS324 switch is only a passthrough (dumb) switch and I don't believe it supports LACP. It is non-configurable since it does not have any UI or management software. If you want a switch with LACP (802.3ad) you'll have to go with our Smart Switch models (PROSAFE series). 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DasMainframe, 

Welcome to the community! 

The GS324 switch is only a passthrough (dumb) switch and I don't believe it supports LACP. It is non-configurable since it does not have any UI or management software. If you want a switch with LACP (802.3ad) you'll have to go with our Smart Switch models (PROSAFE series). 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
DasMainframe
Initiate

Excellent. Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you sir.

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DasMainfram, 

You are welcome! Please mark the post which helped you answer the questions as "Accept as Solution", this will help other users when looking up for answers in our community. 

Thank you very much. 

Cheers, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements