× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Factory reset JGS524F prosafe switch without using the prosafe utility

jme475
Aspirant

Factory reset JGS524F prosafe switch without using the prosafe utility

I am trying to factory reset an inherited JFS524F prosafe switch without using the prosafe utility as I do not know the IP address or subnet the switch is configured with.

Anybody know to do this??

Cheers

James

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jme475,

Thank you for uploading the image of the product model of your switch. Smiley Happy  Now we know that the exact model of the switch you have is a JGS524F.  It is because in the subject line of your post, you have indicated JFS524F that is why I requested you to post a screenshot of the switch model you have for verification.  I will just be correcting the subject line for you.

About your concern, the JGS524F switch you have is an unmamaged switch.  You do not need to use the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility for the JGS524F switch because it is just a pass-through switch.  You cannot assign an IP Address to this switch and there is no option to reset it to factory default settings.  For more information about the JGS524F, kindly check these links below:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/240/~/common-questions-about-the-jgs524f-unmanaged-swi...

http://support.netgear.com/product/JGS524F

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jme475,

I just want to verify if the switch you have is a JFS524F.  Kindly post a screenshot(s) of the product model labeled on the switch.  

I look forward to your response.  Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
jme475
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

apologies for my tardiness..

Unable to upload images as the icon is greyed out - I have uploaded it to my profile in a Public folder called JGS524F.

Can you see that?

Cheers

James

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @jme475,

@jme475 wrote:

apologies for my tardiness..

Unable to upload images as the icon is greyed out - I have uploaded it to my profile in a Public folder called JGS524F.

Can you see that?

I cannot find the images you have uploaded.  If you hover the cursor to the "Insert/edit image" icon, you should be able to click it so that you can upload the image. I have just tried it and its working. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
jme475
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

below is the image.

Sorry assumed the icon was greyed out.

Cheers

James

netgear.jpg

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jme475,

Thank you for uploading the image of the product model of your switch. Smiley Happy  Now we know that the exact model of the switch you have is a JGS524F.  It is because in the subject line of your post, you have indicated JFS524F that is why I requested you to post a screenshot of the switch model you have for verification.  I will just be correcting the subject line for you.

About your concern, the JGS524F switch you have is an unmamaged switch.  You do not need to use the ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility for the JGS524F switch because it is just a pass-through switch.  You cannot assign an IP Address to this switch and there is no option to reset it to factory default settings.  For more information about the JGS524F, kindly check these links below:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/240/~/common-questions-about-the-jgs524f-unmanaged-swi...

http://support.netgear.com/product/JGS524F

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
jme475
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

apologies I should have checked the model number and functionality of the switch..

Regards

James

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jme475,

Its alright. Smiley Happy  No worries at all. 

Feel free to post you future concerns here in the NETGEAR Community.

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements