× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS105 AC adapter

zvonko
Follower

GS105 AC adapter

Hi,

Two years ago I bought five GS105 switches and I did not open the boxes until a few days ago.

My house was still not built so I did not need these switches until now when I decided to finish installation of my internal network

which I bought these switches for. When I opened all five boxes I can see that there is no AC adapter at all! There is only one short cable with a circuit switch in the middle and connectors on both ends, one 5mm diameter connector for switch side and one ERNI connector for AC adapter but I can not find out what kind of AC dapter could it be since I tried to search all over the internet but there is no such AC adapter. Please help me to find correct AC adapter source for my five switches and please don't tell me to cut out that ERNI adapter and connect it to some ordinary power source becuse I would like to have original one. I tried to search first on Netgear site but I could not find anything, after that I tried to search on ERNI site but they only produce connectors. After all I searched anywhere on internet but there is no any trace neither of this cable nor AC adapter that is needed for it.

In attachment is picture of the cable

Regards.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS105 AC adapter

@zvonko wrote:

Two years ago I bought five GS105 switches 

Do you remember where you have bought these switches from? 

@zvonko wrote:

When I opened all five boxes I can see that there is no AC adapter at all! There is only one short cable with a circuit switch in the middle and connectors on both ends, one 5mm diameter connector for switch side and one ERNI connector for AC adapter

Looks to me like these are switches for a specific OEM for whatever deployment or system integration, not intended for retail sales. Please provide more details like exact model designation from the switch product label and from the box. if unclear, add two photos please.

Typical designators are:

GS108-x00NAS North America and Latin America
GS108GE GS108-x00EUS Europe
GS108AU GSx00-x00??? Australia
GS108UK GS108-x00UKS United Kingdom
GS108-x00JPS Japan

Note the switch can have a different designator (as the switch might be the same for many markets, while the box will show a market specific ordering number like GS108-x00yyy   ... the "x" is a hardware version number, "00" a normal market device, and "yyy" does indicate the region or country. 

I would try to complain with the original seller - even it it proofs to be difficult after two years.

Just in case, replacement power supplies are available in the market.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements