GS105 switch with wireless AP

polleke67
Follower

GS105 switch with wireless AP

My current TV channel provider uses layer 2 decoders. So you need to split your ethernet signal using a Netgear GS105 5-Poorts Gigabit Switch: 1 cable to the TV decoder, another to your AP and another cable to my desktop PC. Because of the poor wireless quality, I placed wireless AP in every room. I am currently looking for a new solution: faster wireless 802.11AC and Layer 2 ethernet, so that I can replace it with a single device. Does netgear have such combined switch and wireless 802.11ac?

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS105 switch with wireless AP

Hi @polleke67,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

Does netgear have such combined switch and wireless 802.11ac?

NETGEAR does not have such device. 

For the switch, I recommend you either the GS108LP or GS108PP.  Both are unmanaged switches that  supports PoE/PoE+ (IEEE 802.af/at standard) on all 8 Gigabit ports as well as both switches are fanless.  The major difference between the GS108LP and GS108PP switches is:

• The GS108LP has a PoE budget of 60 Watts while the GS108PP has a PoE budget of 123 Watts.

To know more about the GS108LP and GS108PP switches, check the data sheet below:

GS108LP & GS108PP Data Sheet

For the AP, I recommend you either the WAC505 or the WAC510 access point.  Both are standalone dual band APs (2.4GHz & 5GHz) and supports the IEEE 802.11ac Wave2 standard.  Also, both APs can be powered via PoE ( Power over Ethernet) and can be managed using the Insight App.  The major differences between the WAC505 and the WAC510 access point are:

• The Maximum Throughput of the WAC505 is 300Mbps/867Mbps (2.4GHz/5GHz) while the WAC510 is 400Mbps/867Mbps (2.4GHz/5GHz).
  • The PoE Power Consumption of the WAC505 is 8.9 Watts while the WAC510 is 9.3 Watts.

To know more about the WAC505 and the WAC510 access points, check their data sheet below:

WAC505 & WAC510 Data Sheet

For more information about other NETGEAR ProSAFE Switch models, kindly access the link below:

NETGEAR Switch Selector

For more information about other NETGEAR ProSAFE Access Point models, kindly access the link below:

NETGEAR Access Point Selector

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS105 switch with wireless AP

@polleke67,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements