× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS108 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and Windows 10

lankylad
Aspirant

GS108 and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and Windows 10

The May update of Windows 10 seems to have stopped my GS108 from working. If I connect my Realtek ethernet port on my workstation directly to the broadband router then everything is OK. If I use my old 3Com switch then all is OK. Its only when I connect my GS108 that I have connection problems. Other devices, including Windows 10 devices are working correctly through the GS108.

Model: GS108|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
lankylad
Aspirant

I upgraded to the Windows 10 June Update this morning (OS Build 17763.557) and the problem has been fixed

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

So its just the one device that is having issues? All the other devices are working correctly?

Not sure why it would only be that one device and all your other switches would work. The GS108 is an unmanaged switch so there shouldn't be anything within it (unless its bad) causing problems. 

I'd try uninstalling your realtek adapter and reinstalling it. Thats where I'd be looking at for the problems. 

Message 2 of 5
lankylad
Aspirant

Its just odd that it works when connected directly to the broadband router or to another manufacturers switch.

I suspect its a Windows 10 issue, but just wondered whether anyone else was suffering the same way

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'm running windows 10 preview connected to a gs716tv2 without any issues. I don't have a gs108 to test with. 

Message 4 of 5
lankylad
Aspirant

I upgraded to the Windows 10 June Update this morning (OS Build 17763.557) and the problem has been fixed

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements