shawn4308
Aspirant

GS108 failure

Switch worked for 6 months  and now 2 ports are down.  I checked with a laptop for connection.  Also viewed the lack of lights on the switch at those ports when the laptop is connected.  I tried to setup a case online and it failed to give me  a case #, I just got a red rectangle where the case number goes.  I tried phone support automated system but get disconnected.  I don't see an option for IM support on the website.  I don't see an option for email support.  Voice support is only good for 90 days.  How do I get support on this product when the box of the product states "lifetime hardware warranty" for the Netgear Pro Safe Switch?  Can someone contact me?

Model: GS108v4|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108 failure

Must be a well-kept secret ....:

my.Netgear.com -> My Support -> [Contact Support] -> Replace my defective product -> select the switch from the product list -> you will get a contact information -> provide some descriptive text ... 

Message 2 of 4
shawn4308
Aspirant

I tried that path last night and failed.  The red box that should show the case number was narrow as could be with no data inside of it.  I retried with Chrome and it worked.  Return support this morning stated certain pages are not showing up properly or working with certain browsers.  It is being worked on my netgear.

Message 3 of 4
shawn4308
Aspirant

Problem solved.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo