× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108v2 warranty and blinking lights

grimmace
Apprentice

GS108v2 warranty and blinking lights

I have a GS108v2 Prosafe unmanaged switch. Had it since 2006 and it's worked great. Recently when ethernet cables are put in all of the lights blink at once and no traffic can go across the switch. In looking for a solution, other times this has come up people said to go the Netgear guided assistance. I have tried in Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, and the assitant won't work. It hangs after entering in the switch information. Going to my netgear says any support I have to pay for, by phone only, and the hardware warranty is over. From the documentation I have, I thought it was lifetime on these switches. From the documentation on the website it says lifetime warranty. The power supply is good an works on other GS108v2 switches. So, is the lifetime warranty still valid? Can I use it without paying for it? Thanks for any help. 

Model: GS108v2|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS108v2 warranty and blinking lights

@grimmace,

Lifetime warranty support is only effective for products purchased after June 1, 2016. You may check our warranty terms here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@grimmace,

Lifetime warranty support is only effective for products purchased after June 1, 2016. You may check our warranty terms here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
grimmace
Apprentice

Thanks, I'll pitch it, guesss I had the wrong documents.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements