× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS108v4 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch no internet

jfitch86
Aspirant

GS108v4 8-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch no internet

GS108v4 unmanaged switchGS108v4 unmanaged switchHi so I bought this switch about 6 months ago when I moved into an apartment. It has worked perfectly up until today. The day before I moved down to a new apartment. I setup everything as instructed the first time and it worked. Set it up after the move and now all of my devices are unable to aquire a valid ip configuration through the switch. I know I have internet because the WiFi on the router/modem still works. My devices just aren't accepting the ethernet configuration. I repeat this was re-setup the same as before but on my PC it says "Unidentifed Network, No Internet".The switch is wall mounted and all the devices are on desks above the switch. Literally unplugged it and moved it and a day later it can't find an ip. Any assistance would be much appreciated. This is a setup for 2 gaming desktops, two PS4's, and an Xbox one. I should also add the all the lights are blinking green.

Model: GS108v4|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit unmanaged switch
Message 1 of 4
jonathanca14
Guide

I assume all your wired devices are plugged into the switch and you've then one cable going from the switch to one of the LAN ports of the router? (Not a WAN port).

If thats so, I'd suggest turning off the switch and the router, turn the router back on and wait for it to load, then turn the switch back on and see if everything now works.

Message 2 of 4
jfitch86
Aspirant

I have tried reseting the modem and the switch, allowing the modem to boot fully then powering on the switch. I have even tried reseting the modem then powering the switch with only the ethernet cable from the modem plugged in and then plugging in other devices with no luck prior to making this thread
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jfitch86,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Just to verify.  Is the modem you are referring to a modem-only device or a modem-router combo? 

Is the GS108v4 directly connected to the modem or it is connected to an ethernet port on a wall? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements