× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS108v4 Died, best way to get support / find out about waranty

btmckee9
Aspirant

GS108v4 Died, best way to get support / find out about waranty

I bought a GS104 as a replacement for a dead TPLINK. It lasted about a week over the one year mark. It died oddly, because link LEDs still work, but on some ports the LEDs blink really really fast and no data gets through. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong because the machine that was having problems was in a different room.

Questions:

1. Where can I find warranty information? Is it a one year waranty, will they honor it if it died on the 12th August 2017 when I bought it on the 6th August 2016?

2. How can I contact Netgear, I clicked on several contact links but there was only a phone number. Is that really the only way to contact them?

3. Should I try some other methods to diagnose the issue?

4. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Model: GS104|4-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@btmckee9,

I just want to follow-up.  Were you able to received your replacement GS108v4 switch?  If yes, kindly check if its working fine.

If ever the replacement GS108v4 switch you received is working fine and you have no further concerns, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi btmckee9,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you purchase your GS108v4 switch last August 6, 2016 and if ever you are the original owner, you are entitled with a Lifetime Hardware Warranty on your GS108v4 switch.  Kindly check this article for more information.

Based from your initial post, it seems the GS108v4 is faulty.  With regard to this, I suggest you to login to your MyNETGEAR account then register the serial number of your GS108v4 switch.  Then, open a chat or online case with NETGEAR Support and state the status of your GS108v4 switch.  Be reminded that you will need to submit a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your GS108v4 switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid then an online replacement will follow.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@btmckee9,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to open a chat or online case with NETGEAR Support regarding your GS108v4 switch?  If yes, keep us posted about the progress of your case.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 8
btmckee9
Aspirant

Thanks for checking up. Family visiting. Busy at work... I haven't had a chance to register it. Perhaps I have some time now.

Message 4 of 8
btmckee9
Aspirant

For future reference, it is not necessary to call tech support for this device.

Go to this web page:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS108v4.aspx

Then click "Guided Assistance" and follow the prompts. You can get an RMA and they will ship you a new unit with a return label.

You do have to give a credit card number and they will charge you for the replacement unit if you do not return the defective unit within ten days.

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@btmckee9,

Thanks for the feedback.  I believe that you are entitled with Complementary Next Business Day Replacement wherein its needed to provide a credit card number as collateral.  You will need to return the defective unit within ten days the moment you received your replacement GS108v4 switch. 

Let us know if you have already received your replacement GS108v4 switch and if its working fine.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@btmckee9,

I just want to follow-up.  Were you able to received your replacement GS108v4 switch?  If yes, kindly check if its working fine.

If ever the replacement GS108v4 switch you received is working fine and you have no further concerns, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
btmckee9
Aspirant

I just installed the replacement. It's up and running.

The RMA was fast and I shipped back the old one with a shipping label they sent with the new one.

Thanks for your support!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements