× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS116 - are all ports equal?

AndyPL
Follower

GS116 - are all ports equal?

I have recently had a few issues in my home network and have checked all the structured cabling.  All is now ok.  In doing so, I noticed that out of the 16 ports on my GS116, ports 1-4 seemed to get better speed of throughput than the others.  When our BB was only 50Mb/s this was not noticeable, but now I have FTTP at 500Mb/s, it is clearly an issue as some ports get much less throughput.

The GS116 is a full 32Gb/s switch, by which all ports SHOULD be able to run bi-directional 1Gb/s.  Clearly the BB router throttles to 500Mb/s, but why is there this apparent prioritisation by the port number on the Netgear switch?  Is this to do with the internal architecture?  Or is this a possible fault?

Thanks for any advice.

Andy

Model: GS116v2|16-port Gigabit Switch 10/100/1000 Mbps
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS116 - are all ports equal?

@AndyPL,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime for a hardware check on your GS116.  If the GS116 is proven to be faulty, an online replacement will be processed for as long as its within the hardware warranty.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements