× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS208 and GS605 in series

Cavachon
Aspirant

GS208 and GS605 in series

My current networking setup starts with a Spectrum modem that outputs to an Eero WiFi mesh to port 1 of a GS208 netgear Ethernet switch that supplies wired internet over Ethernet cables to a TV, Firestick, Roku streamer and another streaming device.   The Eero WiFi mesh supplies wireless internet to two laptops, two iPads, two iPhones, and two Smart TVs.   Two other outputs from the GS208 go into and through the interior walls to an office with a TV, PC, security system, and two printers.  Since I have only two Ethernet cables running into the office and I have 5 devices, I am using a GS605 Ethernet switch to split the internet signal to the devices.   Everything is working except for an intermittent problem with an HP ENVY printer losing communication with the HP server that tracks my instant ink usage.   Can these two unmanaged Ethernet switches be connected in series like I have them?

Model: GS208v2|Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS208 and GS605 in series

Very common set-up of course.

Is the HP Envy printer connected wired or wireless?

Message 2 of 4
Cavachon
Aspirant

HP ENVY is wired from a port on the GS605.   So connecting switches in series is a common setup and will work?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Its done routinely. I've got a couple setup in my home going from a primary switch to another switch. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements