× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS308 NAT Loopback

Shefski55555
Follower

GS308 NAT Loopback

I am having a NAT Loopback issue on my network, any PC connected behind my GS308v3 switch will not connect using my public IP to my servers (running on the same network also behind the switch).

If I connect my PC to my router directly or use a VPN I am able to connect using the public IP no problem. Using the local IP also works. Originally I struggled to see how a switch could cause this issue but after contacting my router's support they seem to think that the switch is the cause.

I have to assume my servers are setup correctly due to them working perfectly for all but this one specific configuration.

Any suggestions would be appreciated although I've already tried:

• Reformatting the PC I mainly try and connect using (PC1)
  • Swapping the ethernet cables
  • Swapping the router
  • I do have another switch I can try although its a repurposed router so may cause issues itself. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Shefski55555,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The GS308v3 does not support NAT Loopback.  Be informed that the GS308v3 is a pass-through, unmanaged switch wherein its main purpose is to extend the LAN network.  It gives you additional ethernet ports to connect more devices such as PCs, network printers, etc.

To know more about the specifications of the GS308v3 switch, kindly check its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Shefski55555,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The GS308v3 does not support NAT Loopback.  Be informed that the GS308v3 is a pass-through, unmanaged switch wherein its main purpose is to extend the LAN network.  It gives you additional ethernet ports to connect more devices such as PCs, network printers, etc.

To know more about the specifications of the GS308v3 switch, kindly check its data sheet here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements