× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS308V3 - no internet connection

CageyH
Aspirant

GS308V3 - no internet connection

Hi,

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I am on my second GS308V3 unmanaged switch, both of which share the same problem.

I replace a competitors 4 way switch with this 8 way switch, and I lose my internet cinnection.

Restarting the router, the PCs, the Network, the NICs etc. does not help. The problem persists.

The GS308V3 is connected with a 15m CAT7 cabke to my router. From there the maximum cable run is 3m, so a total of 18m.

All cables function as the 4 port switch has no issues. Is there anything in specific with the GS308V3 that makes it incompatible?

I have opened a case and have an RMA, but I don't want a third one if it is going to do the same thing.
Model: GS308v3|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CageyH
Aspirant

I have managed to convince the revender to take this product back, as it is faulty (thanks in part to the RMA).

I will be looking for a different product soon, as I have bad experience with this particular model.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @CageyH ,

Welcome to NETGEAR online community! 🙂

May I know more about your topology on GS308v3 when this unusual situation happened?

Such as:

Router >>>Port 1

PC      >>> Port 2

Printer >>> Port 3

Camera >>>Port 4

etc...

If you got time.

Please also help capture the packets on the scenario which Internet available and Internet unavailable on your PC.

You can try with Wireshark on PC's NIC when connected to GS308v3.

Such as following two scenario:

PC>>>GS308v3>>>Internet available

PC>>>GS308v3>>>Internet unavailable.

Let's see what happened during Internet communication.

Message 2 of 4
CageyH
Aspirant

The topology is:
Orange Livebox (4 port router built in) port 1 > switch.

Orange livebox port2 > Netgear CPL

Ports 2, 3 and 4 of the switch connected to PCs.
None have internet connection, apart from a brief moment during startup, and then an unidentified network message pops up, and I no longer have internet access.

The rest I will need to look at when i get home.
Message 3 of 4
CageyH
Aspirant

I have managed to convince the revender to take this product back, as it is faulty (thanks in part to the RMA).

I will be looking for a different product soon, as I have bad experience with this particular model.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements