× Get weekly deals on business products. Shop Ethernet Switches and more In the NETGEAR Store
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

GS308v2 cut off on its own while power stays on

My GS308v2 stops connecting to the internet while power is still on.  Anyone knows if I can update firmware to fix it?  I reviewed the data sheet and did not show any firmware info on this particular model.  Anyone has any idea or same bad experience?

Model: GS308v2|Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS308v2 cut off on its own while power stays on

Hi chrischan1717,

Welcome to the community!

This GS308v2 doesn't have any web management interface. This is only a passthru switch or a plug and play device. You may need to check the physical connections that you have. May I know also where is this connected?

Regards,

Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

The GS308 is connected to a fiber modem.

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@chrischan1717,

I see. If you do have 3-4 ports available at the back of the fiber modem, then you may connect a switch from it. If not, you may need a router first before connecting a switch as the functionality of the switch is just an additional port from the router.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@chrischan1717,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Same issue just came up again last night, i took your advise to connect it to a router but didn't help.  I called tech support last week, received a case # but no one follow up with me.

Message 6 of 10
NETGEAR Moderator

@chrischan1717,

I see that you already have a case online. Have you tried connecting it to a different power outlet? Or try using another power adapter if you do have.

Regards,

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have tried all the possible solutions you suggested, the issue will just come back in a day or two. 

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@chrischan1717,

If that's the case then your device is faulty and needs to be replaced. Please be ready with a soft copy of the Proof of Purchase or Invoice of the device for warranty verification.  If ever the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided.

Regards,

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@chrischan1717,

I would like to have a follow-up on this if you were able to contact support in order to set a replacement for this unit.

Regards,

Message 10 of 10