Link Lights showing on empty ports

WS_Delta
Aspirant

Link Lights showing on empty ports

20171024_073603.jpg 

We have been experinecing network issues and today disconnected every cable from our netgear JGS524 switch and the link lights remained illuminated until I disconeected the power. What could be causing this? I don't think it is hardware failure as we had already swapped out the switch.

Model: JGS524|24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Link Lights showing on empty ports

Hi WS_Delta,

Welcome to our community!

I believe the switch that you have is just an unmanaged switch. You may only do reboots on this, if it still not gonna work then you may need to contact our support team and set an RMA. I suggest you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR support and please let them know that status of the switch. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
WS_Delta
Aspirant

Thanks John Carlo, is there an email address for support? It is out of warranty so am not expecting a replacement but was more intrigued to know if there is something on our network causing this as it is not the only thing that has failed on the network in the past few weeks.

Model: JGS524|24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 3 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@WS_Delta,

Have you tried registering the device on our support site? You may also use the same email address as we do have a single-sign on. I believe that this switch has a hardware issue already, base on its shelf life. This unit is also one of our old units.

Here is our support site.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi WS_Delta,

You can upgrade newest firmware to switch, and do factory default for it, and keep watch the switch can work ok or not. It should be hardware issue.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 5 of 7
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI ElaineP,

Sorry that seems from the picture that´s a JGS524 , so as it´s an unmanaged switch you can´t upgrade the firmware.

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 6 of 7
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI ElaineP,

Sorry that seems from the picture that´s a JGS524 , so as it´s an unmanaged switch you can´t upgrade the firmware.

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements