× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power supply voltage range

MBIMGCTRL
Aspirant

Power supply voltage range

Throughout the documentation, available on NETGEARs website, the power supply voltage range is not specified - only the output voltage of the enclosed wall socket power adapter (12V).

So does anyone know this?

Best regards

MB

Model: GS105v5|ProSAFE 5-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: Power supply voltage range

External power supplies are provided as part of the localisation according to the AC power voltage and outlet types for each market.

Message 2 of 7
MBIMGCTRL
Aspirant

Sorry, my question was not formulated correctly!

What I meant was - what is the power supply voltage range for the GS105? The inlet is marked 12 VDC but the allowed input v-range is not specified anywere.

BR MB

Message 3 of 7
schumaku
Guru

+/-5% should be fine.

Message 4 of 7
GregLock
Aspirant

Would it be safe to say that the GS105 can operate with 16.8v? This is to confirm if a solar power pack can support the GS105 power requirements.

Model: GS105v5|ProSAFE 5-port Gigabit Switch
Message 5 of 7
GregLock
Aspirant

Appologies, I meant 14.8VDC above.

Regards, 

Model: GS105|5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 6 of 7
rodneywaterrat
Aspirant

I can't speak for Netgear but they probably don't support using anything other than the supply that it ships with.

However, it will probably work. I have had the FS105 running on the 12Volt system on my boat for a year now, and some times the voltage has gone has high as 15.5V and below 12.0V it has worked with no apparent problems.

Personally, I would just try it. I have have GS305 in the post, and if it breaks as a result of me powering this way then I've lost £18 - I've been doing this sort of thing for years and never had a problem yet so £18 is a small risk in that context.

If you considering doing this with more expensive equipment I would consider looking into a installing a regulated 12V feed for example something based on the LM2577 regulator which can handle the input voltage going either lower or higher than the target voltage.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements