× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ProSafe Plus Utility install ***IS_STRING_NOT_DEFINED*** ProSafePlus_Utility.msi cannot be found

cool2bdave
Aspirant

ProSafe Plus Utility install ***IS_STRING_NOT_DEFINED*** ProSafePlus_Utility.msi cannot be found

The following is my install proceedure.

It looks like the msi file is put in a folder with a different name than it is expecting. See the inline picture.

Can anyone help?

ProSafeInstall.jpg

Model: GS108PE|8 ports ProSafe Plus switch with PoE
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
cool2bdave
Aspirant

Re: ProSafe Plus Utility install ***IS_STRING_NOT_DEFINED*** ProSafePlus_Utility.msi cannot be found

I ran Fix Me from Microsoft:

MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

I fixed adobe Air and Prosafe Plus Utility and it installed perfectly

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cool2bdave, 

Welcome to the community!

I have tested installing the software v2.3.19 first before responding to your post and was able to do it successfully. I have searched for the error message and had a lot of results online pertaining to different things like the InstallShield,etc. Try installing with your firewalls/anti-virus off or try re-downloading the software on the link given above. 

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
cool2bdave
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

I have sucessfully installed on another machine.

I have tried ProSafe Plus Configuration Utility v2.3.5 and v2.3.19 on my machine and it fails on both.

I have also tried to redownload.

I have disabled sophos

I cannot disable my firewall.

It is something specific to my machine.

I have coppied the C:\Program Files (x86)\NetGear\ProSafe Plus Utility from one machine to the other and it works. It is just the istaller that is broken

Message 3 of 5
cool2bdave
Aspirant

I ran Fix Me from Microsoft:

MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

I fixed adobe Air and Prosafe Plus Utility and it installed perfectly

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cool2bdave, 

That's great! Most of the articles I saw talked about the InstallShield wizard causing the error. I'm glad it was fixed using FixMe. I suggest marking the post above as the "Accepted Solution" for this thread. So that others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements