× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem with JGS516

sirmuhman
Aspirant

Problem with JGS516

Hi,

I have a problem with my new JGS516. My old JGS516 switch was defect and I bought a new one. I connected everything like before and it works, but I have problem. My connection to the router brakes down when I have a lot of traffic. When this happens the yellow light for this line is not illuminated. It takes about 10-30 seconds and the light is illuminated again and the connection is ok. This happens all 5 minutes. So I took my netgear GS105 to test the connection and if I have probably a problem with wiring. But with the GS105 everything works fine, no problems with connection or timeouts. So I bought a second one because I thought the new JGS516 has a defect. But now I have tested the new JGS516 and the same, Breakes down under heavy traffic.

I don´t know what I can do now. Did I receive really 2 new defective JGS516?

Thank you for your help!

Sven

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
sirmuhman
Aspirant

Re: Problem with JGS516

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I have found the problem. The actual JGS516 does not work correctly with an AVM Fritzbox in Gigabit mode. Other users have the same problem. Now I have bought a switch from another manufacturer and it works.

Kind regards

Sven

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sirmuhman, 

Welcome to the community! 

This is pretty much isolated, are all 16 ports of the switch being used? I did not see anything related that has been reported with the JGS516. As we know this is an unmanaged switch and there is no software/firmware that we can update. I don't believe they are defective, it just appears that they cannot handle the traffic. Can you PM me the serial number of one of the new switches? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
sirmuhman
Aspirant

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I have found the problem. The actual JGS516 does not work correctly with an AVM Fritzbox in Gigabit mode. Other users have the same problem. Now I have bought a switch from another manufacturer and it works.

Kind regards

Sven

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sirmuhman, 

Thank you for sharing the outcome! Please mark your previous response as "Mark as Solution" , this will help other community members if they experience the same issue. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements