× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacement switch

Ian1976
Aspirant

Replacement switch

Hopefully an easy question!

We're a small shop with two adjoining buildings. We currently have an FS108 switch in each - with the two switches linked by cable.

In one building we want to increase the number of network ports to say 12+. 

Which switch in the current Netgear range would be most appropriate to work with an FS108??

Advice gratefully received. Ian

Model: FS108|8 PORT Fast Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Replacement switch

Hi Ian1976,

You're welcome! 🙂  Nice to know you've already ordered the GS116v2 switch. 

Since your concern is now resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ian1976,

Welcome to the community!

I recommend you the GS116v2 switch.  The GS116v2 is a 16-port unmanaged, desktop switch that is capable of 1000Mbps of ethernet connection.  Its also backward compatible to the FS108 switch which only supports 10/100 Mbps of ethernet  connection.  Check these links below for more details:

GS116v2 Data Sheet

I also recommend you the JGS516v2 and JGS524v2 switches.  The JGS516v2 and JGS524v2 are 16-port  and 24-port unmanaged, rackmount switches respectively that is also capable of 1000Mbps of ethernet connection.  Its also backward compatible to the FS108 switch which only supports 10/100 Mbps of ethernet  connection.  Check these links below for more details:

JGS516v2 / JGS524v2 Data Sheet

For me, it would be best if you will replace the FS108 switches since it only supports 10/100 Mbps of ethernet connection with switches that is capable of 10/100/1000 Mbps of ethernet connection like the GS116v2, JGS516v2 or JGS524v2 since most networking devices supports Gigabit connection.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Ian1976
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply Dane. I've just ordered up the GS116v2 as indicated.

Cheers, Ian

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ian1976,

You're welcome! 🙂  Nice to know you've already ordered the GS116v2 switch. 

Since your concern is now resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements