Switch GS605v2 will not maintain connection

dellhop
Luminary

Switch GS605v2 will not maintain connection

Hello, I am working on my network and trying to place a GS605v2 switch between my router and my computer. Originally the set up was, Modem->Wireless Router (wireless turned off) -> Computer. I've placed the GS605v2 between the Router and Computer. The computer will connect for a few seconds, then disconnect for a few seconds, rinse and repeat. 

Is there a known issue with these switches? Thank you

Model: GS605v2|Desktop Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 3
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Switch GS605v2 will not maintain connection

Hi dellhop,

Welcome to Netgear Community!

GS605 do not have firmware, so it cannot be managed or do other operations, only plug into cable to use for forwarding data.

If you have any other device, please replace GS605 and check computer is steady or not.

Please check your switch is  GS605V2 or not, I only find these GS605 models from netgear.com.

605.jpg

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

Message 2 of 3
dellhop
Luminary

Re: Switch GS605v2 will not maintain connection

Hello,

Sorry I can not comment why the support site on netgear does not show GS605v2. The model drop down in the community forum does have it as I selected for my original post and this reply. 

When I remove the switch the connection is fine. I'm typing to you now on the computer it was originally connected to. I understand it does not have firmware and is unmanaged. I am curious if it is possible for the switch to fail or if there are setting on either the computer or router that could impact how the switch functions. It is old but want to be sure I look at all options. Thank you

Model: GS605v2|Desktop Gigabit Switch
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements