× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to get hardware support

raptorhelix
Tutor

Unable to get hardware support

My device (Netgear GS308 - 8 port unmanaged switch) is still covered by hardware support however Netgear's website is not working to submit request.

The switch will only operate ports 1-4, ports 5-8 will not work. The unit has been power cycled, lights will flash on all 8 ports when cycled on, however only ports 1-4 will be operational.

Upon trying to submit this through the hardware support online form the following error occurs:

Oops! Something went wrong on our end.

Try refreshing the page, or wait a few minutes and try again.

Anyone know a solution to the port issue on the switch?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
raptorhelix
Tutor

@schumaku @DaneA ,

Thanks for all the help, received a call today from Netgear and got the RMA approved and started.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Never looked inside these models, very likely there are two PHY units serving four ports each (these can be dedicated chips or integrated, so one can remain operational when the other is failing - this is what you experience. Obvious hardware issue. @DaneA @JeraldM @Marc_V @JohnC_V please.

Keen to know what browser, OS, potentially certain Internet security software is involved. Had opened two cases these days on behalf of two customers, and one for test, all trouble-free.

Message 2 of 8
raptorhelix
Tutor

@schumaku,

Thanks for the response.  Certainly does sound like a hardware issue.  I'm trying to report the hardware issue from https://my.netgear.com/products.aspx My Registered Products -> Support Options -> Request Hardware Support.  I fill in the text description and click Send and it results in the server 500 error.

Mac OS 12.4

Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Same issue with Firefox 91.11.0esr (64-bit) and Safari Version 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8).

No internet security software is involved.

How can I open a hardware issue for a warranty claim?

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Wow, great complete report, hope Netgear will follow this path - ota a function which must be rock-solid.

On the hardware warranty claim, I expect Netgear moderators referred above will follow up soon.
Message 4 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@raptorhelix,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Are you the original owner of the GS308 switch?  If yes, kindly provide the following details below via private message:

1. Serial Number of your GS308 switch
2. Your preferred call back number
3. Your e-mail address
4. Your time zone

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA wrote:

Are you the original owner of the GS308 switch?

The OP post reads to me like the device is registered, and filing the hardware warranty claim ends in 200-land - a problem we have seen here in the community several times now. When I have it right, Apple users are primarily affected by this problem on the my.netgear.com platform. this problem should be fixed now please finally!

Message 6 of 8
raptorhelix
Tutor

@DaneA ,

Private message sent with requested information.

Message 7 of 8
raptorhelix
Tutor

@schumaku @DaneA ,

Thanks for all the help, received a call today from Netgear and got the RMA approved and started.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements