× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unmanaged Switch GS105NA not connecting internet to solar panel monitor or pool equipment monitor

JimLC
Follower

Unmanaged Switch GS105NA not connecting internet to solar panel monitor or pool equipment monitor

I've purchased a GS105NA switch so I can plug two items into one ethernet outlet.  One is my solar equipment monitor and the other is my swimming pool control.  I have apps on my iphone for both.  I connect the switch to the internet via an ethernet connector plugged into the 5th port in the switch and my router.  Then I plug my two items into the 1st and 2nd port on the switch.  I get the two solid green lights on the 5th port, 1 green light on one item, and nothing on the other item.  Neither the solar or pool items are connecting to the internet.  Sorry for being such a beginner!  Would appreciate some guidance.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unmanaged Switch GS105NA not connecting internet to solar panel monitor or pool equipment mon...

@JimLC,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

To isolate the problem, connect the GS105 switch directly to the router.  Then, connect both Solar Equipment Monitor and swimming Pool Control directly to any of the LAN ports the GS105 switch.  The connection should be: router--GS105--devices.  Check if both Solar Equipment Monitor and swimming Pool Control will obtain a valid IP Address. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements