× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unmanaged Switch GS305P user manual missing

solokifle77
Aspirant

Unmanaged Switch GS305P user manual missing

Hi there,

I ran into this switch model at one of our sites. It's cleared that it was configured by another tech in the past because it is passing vlan tagged traffic. I went to the download page but I can't find the user manual. Since I don't know what is the ip address of this unmanaged switch configured, perhaps I can try to do a factory reset and start from scratch. I don't even know what would be the default ip, also the person who was next to the switch coudn't even locate the mac address on a label.

Thank you,

Model: GS305P|5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with 4-Port PoE
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Unmanaged Switch GS305P user manual missing

Not recognizing anything - much more for example with the computer data adapter untaged, the phone configured for a tagged VLAN, and whatever other VLANs it's simply handling untagged and tagged frames accordingly. Needless to say, this might not properly isolate the VLANs.

Under the line, this isn't Netgear issue 8-)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The mentioned Unmanaged Switch GS305P however is what it says - an unmanaged switch, nothing to configue, no IP address.

GS305P | Unmanaged Switch | NETGEAR Support Product Data Sheet and Installation Manual shows all there is - permitting this is the effective product we'e facing here.

The Netgear Switch Discovery Tool helps to find a Netgear switch LAN IP with a computer on the very same subnet - being a Smart Managed Plus or Smar Managed Pro model - obviously not any unmanaged unit.

Message 2 of 5
solokifle77
Aspirant

how is that possible that is able to recognize voice vlans then? That location has 3 different vlans, and what's connected to the switch are voip phones that also passes traffic from other vlans for data.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Not recognizing anything - much more for example with the computer data adapter untaged, the phone configured for a tagged VLAN, and whatever other VLANs it's simply handling untagged and tagged frames accordingly. Needless to say, this might not properly isolate the VLANs.

Under the line, this isn't Netgear issue 8-)

Message 4 of 5
solokifle77
Aspirant

Thank you for your explanation. 

what I found out was that the port from the managed switch that connect to the unmanaged switch is Tagged, that is why those phones were passing voice/data frames. But I noticed also the port on the unmanaged switch where the phone was connected was not working properly because after i connected the non working phone to another port of the unmanaged switch, the phone was working.

Thank you for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements