× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using SFP+ port with a QLOGIC card?

charlesbelisle
Aspirant

Using SFP+ port with a QLOGIC card?

Hi,

I'm new to the networking through SFP+ / Fiber cables and was wondering if I could find a little help on here

I own a Netgear XS505M unmanaged switch with one SFP+ 10-Gigabit port and was looking to see if my hardware setup would work

All my RJ-45 ports are taken, hence the decision to try the SFP+ one

Does a Qlogic QLE2562 8GB Fiber Channel HBA card would successfully connect to the switch's 10 SFP+ port through Finisar FTLF8528P2BCV-QL Transceivers at both ends using fiber optic cable?

I'm not sure if a HBA is actually a ethernet NIC / card adapter either

Thanks a lot in advance and regards,

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Using SFP+ port with a QLOGIC card?

Afaid no, Fiber Channel cards like this 8GB Fibre Channel (8GFC) are not Ethernet. Same for the FTLF8528P2BCV which are Fiber Channel SFP+ modules and as such not covering 10Gb Ethernet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Afaid no, Fiber Channel cards like this 8GB Fibre Channel (8GFC) are not Ethernet. Same for the FTLF8528P2BCV which are Fiber Channel SFP+ modules and as such not covering 10Gb Ethernet.

Message 2 of 3
charlesbelisle
Aspirant

Thanks, appreciate it. I read what you said and found a little more infos about this kind of card. Indeed not related to ethernet 😅
I’ll look into other options then, have a nice day
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements