× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using a GS105v4 with a GS108

CJT-80
Follower

Using a GS105v4 with a GS108

Hi there, 

I currently have a GS105 (5 port unmanaged switch) which I am very happy using, but I wondered if I want to expand my switch capacity can I use the GS105 with a GS108 (8 port unmanaged) without any issues?

The 108 would take it's "input" from my ISP router and feed it to a PC/NAS/VOIP and a few other devices and also 1 feed to the GS105 which would have AV tech, TV/AMP/STB/BluRay

Would this work?

Thanks in advance.

Smiley Happy

Model: GS2108|8-port 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Using a GS105v4 with a GS108

Hi CJT-80, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello CJT-80, 

Welcome to the community! 

I don't see any issue with the setup. As long as they are behind the router, IP addressing should be okay. Adding the GS108 will extend the number of ports you can use. 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CJT-80, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements