× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Advice in relation to daisy chaining a 16-Port PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet switch GS116LP

c420ramsay
Follower

Advice in relation to daisy chaining a 16-Port PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet switch GS116LP

Looking for some advice:  I have one GS116LP 16 port GB switch and I am looking to Daisy chain another one to increase capacity.  Am I safe enough buying the same one again to daisy chain to it or would I be better buying the model up with an increased PoE power supply at 183W rather than another at 76W?  The model for the one up is the same but with a higher power supply from what  I can see (GS116PP).

Does it depend on what you have connected to them?

Model: GS116LP|16 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with 16-Port PoE/PoE+
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Advice in relation to daisy chaining a 16-Port PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet switch GS116LP

Ìt depends on the number of ports you need, on the PoE standard (PoE, PoE+, ...), the number of PoE ports, ...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Advice in relation to daisy chaining a 16-Port PoE/PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet switch GS116LP

Ìt depends on the number of ports you need, on the PoE standard (PoE, PoE+, ...), the number of PoE ports, ...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements