× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get out of loader mode for my CS105v2 switch. Is there a way out?

FedoraMane
Aspirant

Can't get out of loader mode for my CS105v2 switch. Is there a way out?

I went clicking around in my new switch to explore and see what configuration options I have, and I clicked on firmware update, and it took me to a page that asks for a TFTP Server IP Address and an image file name. I don't want to update this thing atm, nor do I want to have to reboot it. Is there anything I can do to get out of loader mode? Because it literally isn't letting me do anything else.

Model: GS105v2|5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can't get out of loader mode for my CS105v2 switch. Is there a way out?

Hi FedoraMane,

Welcome to our community!

GS105v2 is only a plug and play device, it doesn't have any GUI to change any configuration. This is an unmanaged switch.

You may the reference here.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi FedoraMane,

Welcome to our community!

GS105v2 is only a plug and play device, it doesn't have any GUI to change any configuration. This is an unmanaged switch.

You may the reference here.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
FedoraMane
Aspirant

I know it claims to be unmanaged, but when I go to the IP address assigned to it, it gives me an interface within my web browser that allows me to do things like vlan configuration, quality of service, and various other things. Plenty of configuration options, there. I attached a screenshot as proof.

But it's okay. I rebooted it, this morning.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements