× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices connected to network via a GS305 are not seen by network computer not connected to the GS305

Jaberoo
Aspirant

Devices connected to network via a GS305 are not seen by network computer not connected to the GS305

How can wireless-connected devices, or devices connected directly to the router, see those devices (printers mostly) that are connected to the GS305?

Any advice appreciated.

Model: GS305P|5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with 4-Port PoE
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Jaberoo
Aspirant

Re: Devices connected to network via a GS305 are not seen by network computer not connected to the G

I found the cause of my problem.  My VOIP device is connected directly to the router.  I had connected the GS305 switch to the 'home network' port in the VOIP, something that was recommended by the VOIP mnfr. and which never caused problems until now.  When I reconnected the GS305 directly to the router, the problem disappeared.  Now, everyone on the network can see everything that is connected to the switch.  Apparently, the GS305 and the VOIP do not mix. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Jaberoo
Aspirant

Re: Devices connected to network via a GS305 are not seen by network computer not connected to the G

My mistake.  The GS305 is not PoE.  It is wall-powered.

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Jaberoo,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that your computer which is connected wirelessly cannot communicate with the device connected to the switch. May I know if there are any VLANs configured in your network? How about the IP address? Are they on the same network?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Jaberoo
Aspirant

I found the cause of my problem.  My VOIP device is connected directly to the router.  I had connected the GS305 switch to the 'home network' port in the VOIP, something that was recommended by the VOIP mnfr. and which never caused problems until now.  When I reconnected the GS305 directly to the router, the problem disappeared.  Now, everyone on the network can see everything that is connected to the switch.  Apparently, the GS305 and the VOIP do not mix. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements