× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS105v5 Prosafe Network Switch - Windows 10 pc only 100 mbps connection

Texv
Tutor

GS105v5 Prosafe Network Switch - Windows 10 pc only 100 mbps connection

Hey everyone, 

Yesterday I bought a GS105 network switch so I can split a connection (all CAT6 cables) between two PC's. One in my living room (30 cm cable, ~11 inches from the switch) one in my bedroom (10m cable, ~33 feet away from the switch). 

The switch is receiving a gigabit connection from my router (two leds flickering on the switch), but my bedroom computer is only receiving a 100mbps connection (one light flickering on the switch, and speedtested it). If I take out the switch and use the same ethernet cable to plug my bedroom computer directly to my router, I do get the full connection speed (~250 mbps). 

Now the weird thing is. My living room computer does receive the full connection speed through the switch. So it seems to be a problem with my bedroom computer, but I have no idea how to fix it. I've tried all the ports and tried rebooting as well, but that didn't help either. Can anyone help met troubleshoot the problem? Networking is new subject for me and I can't figure it out. 

Thanks in advance! 

Model: GS105v5|ProSafe 5 ports gigabit switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Texv
Tutor

I have fixed the problem after making yet another ethernet cable. I'm not sure what is was in the end, but at least it's fixed now! 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Texv
Tutor

I have fixed the problem after making yet another ethernet cable. I'm not sure what is was in the end, but at least it's fixed now! 

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Texv,

It's nice to hear that you fixed the issue by isolating the cables. Thank you for sharing the solution here in our community! We look forward from hearing you.

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements