× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108v4 no connections to device

ahmedt
Aspirant

GS108v4 no connections to device

Issue: There are no connections for the devices if I connect through the switch.

Setup attempts:

1. Internet -> Sky Q modem/router1 - GS108 - direct cat5 cable to desktop or Huw bridge 

OR

2. Internet -> Sky Q modem/router1 -> cat 5 cable -> Sky Q modem/router2 (only acting as an access point ) -> GS108 -> direct cat5 cable to desktop or Huw bridge 

The LED light are lit on left to 100MB

3. Desktop, Huw bridge etc are working fine with a direct connection to the Sky Q modem/router.  

Appreciate your help.

Model: GS108v4|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
ahmedt
Aspirant

Re: GS108v4 no connections to device

I read one of the other thread. The connection between the switch and the router needs to use cat5e above cable. I am using a new cable which has 6 or more wires and it works.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi ahmedt

Welcome to Netgear Community!

1. Please try with cat5e or better Ethernet cable, and check your environment.

2. Please reboot GS108 and restore the default configuration and put it in the topo again, to check other device can get connection or not.

3. If Sky Q modem/router and Huw bridge can support 1000M, then GS108v4 can display both left and right to 1000M.

4. Please only connect GS108V4 with Sky Q modem/router directly. Check these two device can work fine? 

Or only connect GS108V4 with desktop or Huw bridge directly, check GS108V4 or Huw bridge can work fine ?

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 2 of 9
ahmedt
Aspirant

Will try. How do I restore the default configurations you mentioned in point 2.

Message 3 of 9
ahmedt
Aspirant

With regards to your point 4. How can I check there is a valid connection between the switch and the router?
Message 4 of 9
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi ahmedt,

Please do factory default on the switch. On front panel or GUI(maybe under System menu)

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

Message 5 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ahmedt,

The GS108v4 is an unmanaged switch.  It seems that your GS108v4 is faulty.  I suggest you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Let them know the status of your GS108v4 switch.  Attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your GS108v4 for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
ahmedt
Aspirant

Sorry. What gui and there is only a power button on the switch.
Message 7 of 9
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi ahmedt,

Theoretically speaking, GS108v4 should work fine in your topo. GS108v4 is an unmanaged switch, so cannot do factory default. You can reboot it or change other switch ports to use and make sure GS108v4 can work normally or not, if not, maybe your GS108v4 is faulty. You can open an online case.        

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee.

Message 8 of 9
ahmedt
Aspirant

I read one of the other thread. The connection between the switch and the router needs to use cat5e above cable. I am using a new cable which has 6 or more wires and it works.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements