GS305 not supported by insight manager
Re: GS305 not supported by insight manager
Of course - the GS305 is a non-managed switch. Insight is supposed to be used for the product registration only. As per the fine 5-Port and 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch Model GS305v3 and GS308v3 Installation Guide:
Register with the NETGEAR Insight app
Use the NETGEAR Insight App to register your switch, activate your warranty, and
1. On your iOS or Android mobile device, visit the app store, search for
NETGEAR Insight, and download the latest app.
2. Open the NETGEAR Insight app.
3. If you did not set up a NETGEAR account, tap Create NETGEAR Account
and follow the onscreen instructions.
4. Tap the menu in the upper left corner to open it.
5. Tap REGISTER ANY NETGEAR DEVICE.
6. Enter the serial number located on the bottom of the switch, or use the
camera on your mobile device or tablet to scan the serial number bar code.
7. Tap Go.
8. Tap View Device to add the switch to a network.
The switch is registered and added to your account. You can now view your
switch in the NETGEAR Insight app.
Note: Because this is an unmanaged switch, you cannot configure or manage it
in NETGEAR Insight.