× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS308P poe port 4 not working

steetiehj
Aspirant

GS308P poe port 4 not working

Hi,

I bought this unit brand new in Feb. It's been running two cameras fine for the last month, last weekend I added another 2. 1 of the new cameras works fine but the other doesn't. I've checked all the wiring and even tried repositioning the 3 working cameras in to port 4 on the switch, none of which seem to work. Have I got a faulty switch?

Thanks in advance

Model: GS308P|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Switch with 4-port PoE
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@steetiehj,

Based from your response, it seems to be a hardware fault on the GS308P switch.  With regard to this, I advise you to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support and let them know the status of your GS308P switch.  Kindly attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your GS308P switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi steetiehj,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

1. Kindly unplug all cameras from the GS308P switch then connect one camera to port 4 of the GS308P switch.  Did the camera turn on while connected to port 4?  You may want to try to connect other cameras one-at-a-time to port 4 and observe.

2. From question #1, what is the behavior of the PoE LED on port 4 while a camera is directly connected to it?  The PoE LED is the right LED at the top of port 4.  Read the GS308P Installation Guide here as reference.

3. If all 4 cameras are connected to ports 1-4 of the GS308P switch,  what is the behavior of the PoE Max LED?  The PoE Max LED is the LED light below the Power LED?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
steetiehj
Aspirant

Thanks, DaneA

1. Tried all 4 cameras in PoE 4 and no lights at all. Nothing connected in PoE ports 1, 2 or 3

2. PoE 1, 2 & 3 have Orange and Green lights, PoE 4 has nothing

3. Power light is on but PoE Max isn't (and isn't for any of the above

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@steetiehj,

Based from your response, it seems to be a hardware fault on the GS308P switch.  With regard to this, I advise you to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support and let them know the status of your GS308P switch.  Kindly attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your GS308P switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
steetiehj
Aspirant

Thanks for your assistance. I'll raise a support ticket
Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@steetiehj,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support regarding your concern?  If yes, keep us posted. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
steetiehj
Aspirant

I've only just been able to raise the issue tonight after being away for work and didn't have access to the SN. I've raised the issue now.

Message 7 of 8
steetiehj
Aspirant

RMA received and product being replaced.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements