× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help Required Flicking Power Light - NETGEAR ProSAFE 16 Port Gigabit Switch GS116 (unmanaged)

tango472
Tutor

Help Required Flicking Power Light - NETGEAR ProSAFE 16 Port Gigabit Switch GS116 (unmanaged)

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with my switch in that it does seem to be working. I've tried to connect a laptop via ethernet cable to the switch and it does not seem to detect it.

I removed the switch and can see that it has a flicking power light to the very left hand side of the switch.

Things I have tried:

1. I have disconnected the switch from the mains and re-connected

2. Plugged into a different power socket

Not sure if this can be fixed or if I need to buy another switch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

R

Model: GS116|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Help Required Flicking Power Light - NETGEAR ProSAFE 16 Port Gigabit Switch GS116 (unmanaged)

You might also want to check into the warranty. I think the prosafe switches have a lifetime warranty.

https://www.netgear.com/business/documents/prosafe-lifetime-warranty/default.aspx

You can check by clicking mynetgear at the top. Register an account and then the device. You should be able to check warranty there. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Impossible to say if this is a power supply or a switch issue. Look around if you have a similar 12V DC of about 1A* power supply available for a test. *I think e.g. the 12V DC, 500 mA unit from a smaller switch should be able to bring up the switch with just one Ethernet port in use.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

You might also want to check into the warranty. I think the prosafe switches have a lifetime warranty.

https://www.netgear.com/business/documents/prosafe-lifetime-warranty/default.aspx

You can check by clicking mynetgear at the top. Register an account and then the device. You should be able to check warranty there. 

Message 3 of 5
tango472
Tutor

Thank you Plemans - very helpful. You were indeed correct and I have requested a replacement under warranty, very much appreciated. Great support and advise, saved me a few pounds for sure, much appreciated. @plemans 

Message 4 of 5
tango472
Tutor

Thanks for replying to my post, have ordered a replacement. Appreciated. @schumaku 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements