× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to find the CPU in a network device ?

Aladine
Aspirant

How to find the CPU in a network device ?

Hi,

As you know probably there is an open issue with "some" CPU, and as you also know a program is started by a competitor for the replacement of "some" devices. And I know, I know, I'm apologize, there is no link between the two statments ...

... But, I'm looking for a way to find the CPU installed in my switch.

Thanks 

Aladine (because Aladin was already used).

Model: GS116v2|16-port Gigabit Switch 10/100/1000 Mbps
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to find the CPU in a network device ?

Hi Aladine,

I have seen the posts online regarding the issue with Aton C2000 processors. I have inquired this to our engineering team but it appears that this information cannot be disclosed to avoid misinformation. For these models switches CPU chips may be different across batches. I have searched most of our products, but only some of our ReadyNAS units maybe using the said CPU family chip. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Aladine,

Welcome to the community! 

Can you post a link regarding the CPU issue? I'd like to know as well what is the  model number of the swicth you are referring to. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 6
Aladine
Aspirant

Hi JonRo,

My model is the GS116v2, an "in between" manageable switch.

The issue what I spoke over is, of course, the Atom C2000.

But as I wrote, I juste want to find the kind of the processor installed in the GS116v2 switch.

The only Aladine with a white beard.

Message 3 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Aladine,

I have seen the posts online regarding the issue with Aton C2000 processors. I have inquired this to our engineering team but it appears that this information cannot be disclosed to avoid misinformation. For these models switches CPU chips may be different across batches. I have searched most of our products, but only some of our ReadyNAS units maybe using the said CPU family chip. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
Aladine
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo

Thanks for the information.

I consider this topic as close.

Kind Regards,

Aladine

Message 5 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Aladine,

You are welcome, I apologize if the information you are looking for cannot be disclosed. If this answers your question at least we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements