× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it possible to use 2 switches in parrallel

lewissurewise
Follower

Is it possible to use 2 switches in parrallel

We already have a GS324 24 port swtich and are looking to buy another to expand to 48, however are not sure if we should use 2 24 port switches in parrellel, or to just but a single 48 port switch which would be much more costly

Input much appreciated

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Is it possible to use 2 switches in parrallel

Hi lewissurewise,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Its alright to connect another GS324 switch to your existing GS324 switch.  As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of NETGEAR unmanaged switches that can be daisy chained or be cascaded together.  However, be reminded that the best practice would be about 2-3 switches daisy chained or cascaded.  It is because each switch that you connect adds latency to the network.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lewissurewise,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Its alright to connect another GS324 switch to your existing GS324 switch.  As far as I know, there is no limit on the number of NETGEAR unmanaged switches that can be daisy chained or be cascaded together.  However, be reminded that the best practice would be about 2-3 switches daisy chained or cascaded.  It is because each switch that you connect adds latency to the network.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@lewissurewise,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been answered / resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements