× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is the GS305 Switch compliant for Thailand?

Mstats
Aspirant

Is the GS305 Switch compliant for Thailand?

I have a customer asking if the GS305 Ethernet Switch is compliant for Thailand. I believe Thailand has thier own Safety/EMC Mark, but curious if Thailand accepts the CE mark.

Mstats

Model: GS105|5-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Is the GS305 Switch compliant for Thailand?

Hi @Mstats,

I believe that would be the right course of action since the GS305 switch model as well as the specification of the power adapter for the GS305 varies by region (in this case it should be Asian region) as per the GS305 Installation Guide here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mstats,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly check page 21 of the link below which says about Thailand Notice:

NETGEAR Notification of Compliance

Furthermore, the NETGEAR Compliances and Certifications can be access on the link below:

https://www.netgear.com/about/regulatory/  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Mstats
Aspirant

Thank you DaneA, the Netgear Compliance document was more than I have seen so far, but the information was sparse under the Thailand section, "The information in this section applies to products approved by the Thailand National Communications Commission"

The "section" doesn't provide any information about Netgear products, so I have to believe Netgear doesn't have any products that comply to Thailand's standards. 

Is that what you interpret?

Thanks again,

: )

Mstats 

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mstats,

I apologize for the late response.  I already sent an inquiry to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support about your concern.  I will post here once I got a feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
Mstats
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

No problem, I'm hearing through other sources that the Netgear Switch will have to be purchased from a Thailand distributor.

Thanks,

Mstats

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Mstats,

I believe that would be the right course of action since the GS305 switch model as well as the specification of the power adapter for the GS305 varies by region (in this case it should be Asian region) as per the GS305 Installation Guide here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements