NETGEAR Introduces two new 300 switch series: GS305P and GS348.
For growing businesses that need more ports without sacrificing network bandwidth and speed, the NETGEAR 48-port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS348) expands the network in a single step to 48 ports, avoiding the congestion experienced when stacking lower port-count switches. Offering up to 96Gbps of maximum throughput, the GS348 Switch enables businesses such as hospitality, catering, education and retail to eliminate bottlenecks and prepare them for future expansion of additional workstations, servers, and network attached storage (NAS), with a top speed-to-affordability ratio. With a fan-less design, the GS348 Switch supports operation in noise-sensitive environments such as classrooms, conference rooms, open space offices and healthcare centers. Moreover the 50°C (122°F) maximum operating temperature makes the GS348 Switch ideal for small network cabinets. Its pre-configured QoS automatically prioritizes voice and video over data.
The NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS305P) is an ideal switch for homes, small offices and conference rooms as it supports 55.5W of cost-effective PoE power. Within small businesses and homes, there is growing adoption of PoE devices such as VoIP phones, wireless access points, IP security cameras, proximity sensors, LED lighting, door locks, and other IoT devices. The GS305P Switch has four Gigabit ports supporting PoE, enabling a single wire to provide both electrical power and connectivity for PoE devices. With its stylish and sturdy metal case, fan-less design and desktop or wall-mount positioning, the GS305P Switch is the ideal easy network upgrade for PoE device connectivity.
“NETGEAR understands the importance of providing a high-performance network that can adapt to requirements now and in the future,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR. “Many growing businesses, and certainly home offices, don’t have a dedicated IT specialist so there is a need for a solution that makes it supremely easy to add more connections and support new PoE devices.”
Both switches offer additional benefits of other NETGEAR plug-and-play unmanaged switches:
- Non-blocking switching architecture for maximum throughput at wire speed — 96Gbps for the 48-port Switch (GS348)
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports, up to 10x faster than Fast Ethernet for maximum performance
- Plug-and-play, automatic connectivity to the router or modem for additional wired connections
- Auto-MDI/MDIX eliminates the need for crossover cables
- LED to indicate activity on each port and energy-efficient technology for power savings
- Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at the highest common speed between switch and an end device
- Sturdy metal case for reliable and quality installation
- 3-year hardware warranty with technical support options
NETGEAR CBU PLM