× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSAFE GS116 alternatives?

compabilit
Follower

ProSAFE GS116 alternatives?

What's the difference between the GS116, GS116NA, GS116Ev2 and GSS116 switches (besides the prices)?

Model: GS116|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ProSAFE GS116 alternatives?

@compabilit,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions. 

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @compabilit,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS116NA is the product order code for the GS116 switch in North America.  The latest version of the GS116 unmanaged switch is the GS116v2.  You may check its specification on its data sheet here

There is no GSS116 switch.  I believe you are referring to the GSS116E switch. 

The GSS116E belongs to the Click Switches and Easy-Mount Switch category which offers innovative mounting options that let you deploy them where you need them—vertically, horizontally, under a table or desktop, on a pole or desk leg, or on a wall. NETGEAR offers several models of Smart Managed Plus Click Switches. Their small, sleek form factor and silent operation make them ideal for a small or home office or for edge deployment in an enterprise network. In addition to mounting with their Virtually Anywhere™ mounting system, you can also rack mount Easy-Mount Switches

The GS116Ev2 switch belongs to the Smart Managed Plus Switch category which offers Quality of Service (QoS), virtual local area networks (VLANs), and network traffic monitoring at a great price point. You can manage them right from your web browser—no software required. These switches are ideal for the home or small office that needs basic network management features and PoE capability. Smart Managed Plus switches are available in speeds of up to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.

Here below are the differences between the GS116Ev2 and GSS116E switches: 

As reference, kindly check the GSS116E & GS116Ev2 data sheets respectively below:

GSS116E Data Sheet

GS116Ev2 Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@compabilit,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions. 

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements