× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RoHS 3 Directive (EU 2015/863)

Catherine_Avid
Aspirant

RoHS 3 Directive (EU 2015/863)

Hello,

Does anyone knows if model GS116E-200NAS/GS116Ev2 is RoHS 3 (EU 2015/863) compliant? If yes where can I get the Certificate of Compliance? If not then when will it be RoHS 3 compliant?

Thank you,

Catherine

Model: GS116E|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabit switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: RoHS 3 Directive (EU 2015/863)

Dear Catherine,

Afrad, I'm not Netgear and have just put up a proposal to avoid yours and similar questions.  

For now we can assume that the existing DoC does cover the complete RoHS 2 (including the amendment) as in place for a few days.

As mentioned before: It's about an amendment to RoHS 2 - this is not the subject RoHS 3 (where ink won't be dry before 2021 or so).

If you want a speedy answer, I suggest you talk direct to your local Netgear sales organisation or the generic sales@netgear.com.

Regards,

-Kurt.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hello Catherine,

The -xxxNAS are not intended for the European market - these are SKU for the North Americas - as such it's not clear these carry the CE mark. The -xxxEUS do. Why is this relevant? Look here:  Netgear - Notification of Compliance 

The directive 2015/863/EU amends directive 2011/65/EU (also referred to as "RoHS 2") by adding some substances - it's not a "new" RoHS 3 - and it is in effect as a addendum since July 22, 2019. To avoid confusion, it would make sense to enhance the document above adding something like:

Europe – EU Declaration of Conformity
This section applies to products bearing the CE mark:

Products bearing the CE mark comply with the following EU directives:

• EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
  • Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
  • Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU (RED)
  • Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC
  • RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU (Amended 2015/863/EU)

@Christian_R  one more to push into the right NTGR channels.

Regards,

-Kurt.

Message 2 of 4
Catherine_Avid
Aspirant

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful. Is there a timeline when the Amended EU Declaration of Conformity document will be released? I need to obtain a copy as a record for my company in order to continue shipping Netgear switches into European countries.

Regards,

Catherine

Model: GS116E|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabit switch
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Dear Catherine,

Afrad, I'm not Netgear and have just put up a proposal to avoid yours and similar questions.  

For now we can assume that the existing DoC does cover the complete RoHS 2 (including the amendment) as in place for a few days.

As mentioned before: It's about an amendment to RoHS 2 - this is not the subject RoHS 3 (where ink won't be dry before 2021 or so).

If you want a speedy answer, I suggest you talk direct to your local Netgear sales organisation or the generic sales@netgear.com.

Regards,

-Kurt.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements