× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which Power Supply is the one for the GS108v2 & GS108v3

karldschubert
Aspirant

Which Power Supply is the one for the GS108v2 & GS108v3

Greetings! I have two switches, a GS108v2 & a GS108v3 and two power supplies with different specs.  I've looked at the online documentation and on the back of the switches and see that the power supply input plug has above it (on both) "12V, 1A".

The two power suppiles I have are both Netgear:

1. P/N 332-10166-01 / Model: T012LF1209 16100-2LF, Output 12V / 1A
  2. P/N 332-10011-01 / Model: DSA-20P-10 US 120180,Output 12V / 1.5A

Can you tell me which one goes with which model, please?  I'm concerned about putting the 1.5A power supply with either since they both say 1A.

Many thanks!

Model: GS108v2|Gigabit Switches,GS108v3|ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Desktop Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

There's no need to be concerned. You can safely use a 1.5 A power supply on a device that only needs 1 A. The device will only use as much current as it needs.

On the flip side, it would be dangerous to use a power supply with a lower amperage rating than what the device needs.

And in all cases, the voltage of the power supply MUST match what the device needs.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

There's no need to be concerned. You can safely use a 1.5 A power supply on a device that only needs 1 A. The device will only use as much current as it needs.

On the flip side, it would be dangerous to use a power supply with a lower amperage rating than what the device needs.

And in all cases, the voltage of the power supply MUST match what the device needs.
Message 2 of 5
karldschubert
Aspirant

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@karldschubert,

Welcome to our community!

I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
karldschubert
Aspirant

Will do — thank you, @JohnC_V

Karl.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos