× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS508M jumbo frames

simonjaq
Aspirant

XS508M jumbo frames

Hello

We have an 8 port 10G switch and a mixed 1G / 10G switch.

Since we added the 8 port 10G switch the speeds between the computers connected over 10G have dropped quite a bit (from 800MB/s to 500MB/s) I found out that even when on all the machines connected over 10G jumbo frames are enabled there seems to be no jumbo frame connectivity if I ping between any of the computers with an MTU greater than 1500. By specs all the switches are capable of supporting jumbo frames. Can it be possible that jumbo frames are getting blocked by any of the other computers or the internet router that is connected to the network?

See below a sketch of our network. We have two switches because our office is on two floors.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: XS508M jumbo frames

HI @simonjaq,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I advise you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime and let them know about your concern.  If ever the XS508M switch has been declared faulty, be ready to submit a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the XS508M switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI @simonjaq,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I advise you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support at anytime and let them know about your concern.  If ever the XS508M switch has been declared faulty, be ready to submit a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the XS508M switch for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@simonjaq,

I just want to follow-up on this.  I believe that a replacement has been processed by NETGEAR Support.  Were you able to received the replacement XS508M switch?  If yes, is it working fine? 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
simonjaq
Aspirant

Hi Dane

Yes we recieved the replacement. With the new switch jumbo frames get transmitted (verified via ping) and we see a substancial improvement in transfer speeds.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements