× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: registration of gs105

HannoZ
Aspirant

registration of gs105

Good evening - at least it was until I tried registering a new product.  First off the registration pages wouldnt load properly in chrome so had to resort to edge.  Registered the product and got confirmation email.  When I log in to the account, the product isnt listed and when I try the serial number it comes back with a message saying that it is registered to a different account.  Cant grt to support as The product doesnt come up as registered.  Has anyone else had theis issue and how did you get around this?

Thanks...

Model: GS105|5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
HannoZ
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA my products have reappeared in MyNetgear profife.  Thanks for getting that sorted.  Fun evening now setting up an Orbi...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @HannoZ,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I inquired your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team and just found out that your GS105v5 switch is already registered under your name.  Kindly verify it in your end. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
HannoZ
Aspirant

@DaneA  Thanks for the reply.

I received a confirmation email that the switch was registered however when I log in to MyNetgear, it is not listed as a registered product.  I also had an old router that was registered and that has disappeared from the list of registered products as well.

What I think has happened is that I forgot about my account and then created a new one with the same email address - although I should have thought that that should have been raised as a potential problem at the time - and the new router has been registed under my old profile.  When I try to login, I get directed to my new profile hence the problem.  Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.  Hanno

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HannoZ,

I inquired your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team and found out that both the GS105v5 and WNR2200 registered under your name.  However, I still reported your concern about what you see in your MyNETGEAR account.  I will post here once I got a feedback.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
HannoZ
Aspirant

@DaneA  Thank you for sending this on.

Regards.  Hanno

Message 5 of 6
HannoZ
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA my products have reappeared in MyNetgear profife.  Thanks for getting that sorted.  Fun evening now setting up an Orbi...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements