× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Не работают snapshot

Артем
Aspirant

Не работают snapshot

Добрый день!

Есть проблема с snapshot. Они не создаются для старых расшаренных папок. Сможете подсказать, почему? Snapshot-ы работают только для вновь созданных папок. Не хотелось бы их все пересоздавать.

--

Hello!
I will try explain in English.

I have troubles with snapshots. Snapshots not working with old share folders. They works only in new created shares. Why? Can you help with it?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Артем
Aspirant

It works automaticly after I activate Audit button. I don't now why but it works. Thanks for help!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Артем wrote:

Hello!
I will try explain in English.

I have troubles with snapshots. Snapshots not working with old share folders. They works only in new created shares. Why? Can you help with it?

Do you mean that you can't create them?  Or something else?

Message 2 of 11
Артем
Aspirant

They are not created automatically.

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Артем wrote:

They are not created automatically.

Do you use custom snapshots or smart snapshots?

Have you downloaded the log zip file?

Message 4 of 11
Артем
Aspirant

Both.

Could you tell me please how can I get log file?

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Артем wrote:

Could you tell me please how can I get log file?

Download the log zip from the logs page in the admin web ui.

Message 6 of 11
Артем
Aspirant

Ok. Thanks. Here:

<redacted>

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Sorry - I should have said not to post the logs publicly.  I've redacted your link.

I am seeing a lot of messages like this: 

Nov 20 06:11:01 fsbackupmp snapperd[3403]: snapshot check failed. not adding snapshot 14

But I am not seeing details on what exactly failed.  That particular message isn't always an error - I see it on my own system.  I use custom snapshots with the option to only make snapshots when the changes, and I believe that message also is logged when the share hasn't changed.

Smart Snapshots were pruned on 6 November, but not after that date.  The last automatic snapshots were created on 4 November.  It looks like you have plenty of free space in /data, so that shouldn't be an issue.

You might want to send a private message (PM) to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ) with a link to your logs, and ask them to analyze them.  They might see something I missed.  You send a PM by clicking on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

You could try over-installing 6.10.2 manually, and see if that makes any difference.  I doubt it will, but it is safe and easy to do.  You could also try creating a new share with snapshots enabled, and see if those are created.

Message 8 of 11
Артем
Aspirant

Thanks for reply! Yes, when I create new share snapshots works properly.

I will send a private message (PM) to one of the mods ( @JohnCM_S or @Marc_V ). Thank you!

Message 9 of 11
Артем
Aspirant

It works automaticly after I activate Audit button. I don't now why but it works. Thanks for help!

Message 10 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@Артем wrote:

It works automaticly after I activate Audit button. I don't now why but it works. 

I don't why either (auditing is off on my system, and snapshots work ok).  But I'm glad it is working for you now.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements