× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2x RN422 wont connect for remote backup job

dmars
Aspirant

2x RN422 wont connect for remote backup job

I just installed 2x 422 for my employer, one for the office for general file sharing and another off site at his house for backing up the office nas and its files.

The problem I am  having is that neither nas can connect to each other when setting up a backup job. I have tried SMB, FTP, RSYNC, and SSH but none seem to be able to connect, i have set up port forwarding for both the office and house routers for ports 22 and 873 and tired setting up the backup job on each nas.

I don't know what im doing wrong or if im missing anything but I need help in figuring out this problem.

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: 2x RN422 wont connect for remote backup job

It might be easier to troubleshoot if you start with both machines on the same network.  In your case, you will want to use either ReadyDR or Rsync over SSH.

Once you get a test backup job working on the local network, you can add in the port forwarding and the DDNS setup.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
bedlam1
Prodigy

Have you checked out Ready DR Link

Message 2 of 5
dmars
Aspirant

i have tried Ready DR, but with no luck

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

It might be easier to troubleshoot if you start with both machines on the same network.  In your case, you will want to use either ReadyDR or Rsync over SSH.

Once you get a test backup job working on the local network, you can add in the port forwarding and the DDNS setup.

Message 4 of 5
dmars
Aspirant

completly forgot about the ddns thx for the help!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements