× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 5.1 Audio Support?

betabob
Aspirant

5.1 Audio Support?

Hi folks - I just purchased a new TV (Sharp Aquos) that has DLNA support, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it found my video collection just fine on my ReadyNAS Ultra 2+...I've really never used DLNA until now though I've always had the add-on enabled. Anyway, video is fine; however, I don't seem to be getting any multi-channel audio support (e.g. Dolby Digital). I know that my TV can output multi-channel audio since I do so with some of its other "smart apps", so I'm thinking either ReadyDLNA does not support it or the DLNA client built-in to my TV doesn't. Any thoughts on this?
Message 1 of 4
Etz
Aspirant
Aspirant

As ReadyDLNA doesnt do any recoding, I really doubt it doesnt support 5.1.
Basically it supports and streams anything you throw at it, it depends on "client" device what formats (codecs & containers) are actually supported...
Message 2 of 4
TeknoJnky
Hero

you might check for an option on the tv to choose a different (secondary) audio stream
Message 3 of 4
betabob
Aspirant

My TV doesn't allow you to select a secondary stream, unfortunately. But I think multiple streams is the issue here, as I transcoded the file and removed the 2-channel audio stream...it played the Dolby Digital track just fine.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements