× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.1.8 to 6.2?

Xophile
Aspirant

6.1.8 to 6.2?

Hi!

I'm currently running 6.1.8.

Should I be OK doing an upgrade? Anything else I need to know of before doing the upgrade?

Thanks a lot!
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: 6.1.8 to 6.2?

You should be fine (though the usual advice that you should always have a backup on another device applies).
Message 2 of 7
Xophile
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB.

Installed 6.2 on my Ultra 4 a few minutes ago. Everything seems to be working perfecly fine! At least so far... 🙂
Message 3 of 7
the_man
Aspirant

Please tell me how to make a downgrade from 6.2 to OS 6,1,9
I did the update today, and now I do not work more than half of my program
Message 4 of 7
btaroli
Prodigy

Officially, you can't. You did read the release notes, right?

There seem to be a lot of bad interactions in the way that add-ons were previously adjusting the system config (especially apache) and some interesting changes Netgear have introduced in 6.2.0, not to mention other things like add-ons that have kernel drivers, etc. My advice? If you haven't upgraded yet, WAIT. Check with your source of add-ons to be sure they've tested it with 6.2.0 FIRST.

If you HAVE upgraded and run into problems, hopefully these don't affect your ability to access the NAS itself, it's web GUI, etc. If they do, I think there have been some troubleshooting notes posted in other recent threads, or reach out to support. Messy!

Referring to Factory Reset to resolve problems is akin to the first Windows troubleshooting steps being to reboot or boot into Recovery Mode. These things should only be required in dire cases.
Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In 6.2 a number of things are upgraded e.g. snapshots, so if you want to downgrade a factory reset would be necessary.
Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

And another issue with 6.2 is the new ReadyCloud which is incompatible with ReadyNAS Remote. If you have a combination of old (OS 4 or 5) and new (OS 6) systems and want remote access to both, you are SOL. The new ReadyCloud client removes the ReadyNAS Remote client but is incompatible with ReadyNAS Remote. So you lose remote access to the older systems if you want access to anything with 6.2.

I've put messages in both the OS6 beta test and ReadyNAS Remote forums asking if there is a work-around or one impending, and have yet to receive any reply from anyone who would know.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements