× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.2.0 Not able to see Personal Time Machine Shares

Banderous
Aspirant

6.2.0 Not able to see Personal Time Machine Shares

I've completed a successful 330GB TimeMachine backup to a new 500GB Home TM share. The problem is how to view that backup? Seems that I am unable to see the new personal Home TM share (folder is blank/empty) or even the old method Shared TM share. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Message 1 of 5
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: 6.2.0 Not able to see Personal Time Machine Shares

Isn't time machine backups become sparsebundle file when saved on the NAS? Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Message 2 of 5
Banderous
Aspirant

Yes, there should be a sparsebundle for each Mac that is backed up. Before 6.2.0 I was able to mount & view the sparsebundles - now I think they are hidden from viewing via AFP or SMB.
Message 3 of 5
Banderous
Aspirant

Ok - silly me! Found both the old and new sparsebundles in the same location. I assumed since the new method requires a separate "User" and password that it could be pulled up that way.

Both the new private sparsebundle and old shared sparsebundle appear by using the old user: "ReadyNAS" & password and not the new private user & password. Not sure how I would manually open the new private sparsebundle since it appears to be locked with a different user & password than "ReadyNAS & old password required to bring it up?
Message 4 of 5
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Found this link:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... dynas-os-6

might help if others experienced the same thing. 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos