× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6.4.0 with RN104 - No Longer Shuts Down. Any Ideas?

adudley1
Aspirant

6.4.0 with RN104 - No Longer Shuts Down. Any Ideas?

Hey Guys,

Ive been using My RN104 for a while, but since upgrading the firmware as per the login page the ReadyNas no longer shuts down.

Ive tried the pressing the power button and follow the on display prompt to shut it down. It would appear that it does shut down as the HDD's turn off but the PSU fan keeps spinning with a Shutting message on the LCD display (Went a way for a few days and it was still shutting down). It was working fine with the previous FW  and there have been no extra apps installed on this NAS as its basically a FTP/backup server

Also with this issue is causing the auto on/off function not to work any more. Does any one else havethis issue or any idea on how to resolve this?

Many thanks,

Aaron 

Message 1 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi adudley1,

Welcome to the community!

Try to disable the disk spin (schedule) as well as the power time feature then reboot the ReadyNAS using the shutdown icon in the admin page.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
adudley1
Aspirant

HI there,

I did try that and it does work, although its been intermitant over the last few days (sometimes it shutsdown, other times it hangs). Currently got an L2 ticket with netgear and even though NAS is on they are saying that the logs say its sucessfully turned off. So still in limbo on the subject.

But many thanks for the seggestions and i expect it will work well for most people 🙂

Aaron

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi adudley,

Thanks for the feedback. Since you can login to the admin page, could you try to run volume balance and see if it will help? 

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements